Current openings on the Matthias Media staff team...
We're currently looking to grow our committed and friendly team working in our Sydney (Waterloo) office. There are two positions available: Part-time bookkeeper and Part-time Operations Manager.
Matthias Media is looking for an experienced bookkeeper to join us in our Waterloo office on a part-time basis (2 days per week with flexible hours).
Duties include but are not limited to:
• basic bookkeeping functions (accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, journal entries, payroll)
• assisting with preparation of monthly profit and loss statements and balance sheet
• assisting with preparation of annual accounts and audit documents
• assisting in the preparation and monitoring of the budget
• processing the weekly banking
• maintaining leave records
• assisting with the maintenance of inventory records.
These duties are carried out with the support and supervision of the accountant.
The person we’re looking for must have:
• a sound working knowledge of accounting principles and experience in using MYOB or similar software
• attention to detail and the ability to work well in a small committed team
• a personal commitment to the evangelical convictions on which Matthias Media is founded (as set out in our Gospel Convictions statement).
Salary range: Around $50,000 p.a. (ex super) pro-rata to 2 days a week, depending on experience and qualifications.
Please send a CV and a letter explaining why you’re the person we’re looking for to Jenny Jones: email@example.com
Applications close 26 April 2016.
Operations Manager (Part-time)
Matthias Media is looking for an enthusiastic and efficient person to join us in our Waterloo office on a part-time basis (2.5 days per week with flexible hours).
The responsibilities of the Operations Manager include but are not limited to:
• managing the timely and cost-effective printing, reprinting and distribution of our books and other resources to our warehouses in different regions (currently in the USA, UK and Australia)
• ensuring the safe and efficient storage of stock, and maintaining good-quality management information about stock levels and locations
• oversight of all aspects of customer service and dispatch, including setting and monitoring key customer service goals and targets, review of staff performance and training
• oversight of key operational systems, freight arrangements, contracts with suppliers, and customer credit control
• maintaining effective office and warehouse equipment and facilities
• insurances and compliance issues (e.g. WH&S).
We’re looking for someone who:
• has practical experience in business, management or operations (knowledge of publishing or printing would be advantageous but not essential)
• thrives on being organized and attending to detail
• loves seeing things being done better and figures out how to make that happen
• works well with people (whether other staff or suppliers)
• has a personal commitment to the evangelical convictions on which Matthias Media is founded (as set out in our Gospel Convictions statement).
Salary range: Around $65,000 pa. (ex super) pro-rata to 2.5 days a week, depending on experience and qualifications.
Please send a CV and a letter explaining why you’re the person we’re looking for to Tony Payne: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 26 April 2016.